Sunday, December 10, 2006

Yip on Bacco

Bacco * 737 Diamond St @ 24th * San Francisco, CA 94114 * (415) 282-4969
Cuisine: Italian
Neighborhood: Noe Valley

I can't get enough and keep going back for the same thing. Read on to find out what.

The Scene

Under the Tuscan sun - the comforting yellow walls and beautiful painted murals make me love the warmth and comfort of this place. I love that this is just off the main drag in Noe Valley and really feels like a family, neighborhood Italian place.

The Menu

They have a fair selection of wines by the glass, several salads, and a boat-load of pasta selections to choose from. I have noticed quite a few patrons ordering and cooing over their desserts, even though I never have room.

The Food

And now for the best keep not-so secret, since its the first pasta choice on their menu. I dare to say I have only ever ordered one thing, and I have been here about 5 or 6 times. I absolutely love the homemade pappardelle with bolognese sauce and fresh ricotta. My mouth is watering just thinking about it now. It's enough food to share, though I never offer because I love to have the leftovers for the next day. I've also shared a delicious salad with roasted beets. I've had a bite here and there of what others have ordered for their main selections, and I haven't tasted a thing I didn't like. I also haven't had a thing that strikes my fancy more than the pappardelle.

The Service

I love feeling like I am in a little Italian restaurant in Tuscany, sharing the in house creations with the family. This place is small, superb, and warm, and the service makes you feel right at home.

The Bathroom

Smallish, off to the side, nothing to write home about. There is a funny little awkward picture on the wall, but the quirkiness gives me a giggle every time.

************

In a spoonful, I can't say enough for the warm feeling and the one dish I love. I have been here many times with others who seems to order different things and enjoy them everytime. I think I may have to force myself to try something else for the sake of the integrity of this blog. Maybe my dining companion will graciously order the pappardelle and offer me a bite ... and the leftovers.

Yip gives it 5 spoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home