Sunday, December 10, 2006

Yip on Magic Flute

Magic Flute * 3673 Sacramento St @ Spruce * San Francisco, CA 94118 * (415) 922-1225
Cuisine: California, Brunch
Neighborhood: Presidio Heights

I know this place serves dinner, but I went here for brunch. And I love brunch. It's also off the beaten path in Presidio Heights, so it's a hidden gem. Even the parking is pretty manageable in this mostly residential area.

The Scene

Instantly when we walked in, I knew this place was something special. The decor was so inviting and warm. It felt like being in a time honored family-owned restaurant in off-the-beaten path in Tuscany. To anyone getting married in San Francisco in the coming months, this place would be perfect for a smallish rehersal dinner. Or maybe bring that special lady in your life here for Mother's Day. They have a beautiful heated patio too, which was where we enjoyed our meal.

The Menu

There were many delicious sounding choices. Breakfast, brunch, lunch options. Omlets, Quiche, Paninis. They also have an extensive wine list and sparkling lemonade. And what Italian eatery doesn't have espresso drinks.

The Food

I had a cheese and leak quiche which came with a spring mix salad. Finally, someone who gets it when you order "light on the salad dressing." I don't want the salad dressing on the side because I want the salad tossed. Just learn to not be so heavy handed. My salad was perfect. My quiche was perfect. My glass of white wine to accompany my meal was perfect.

The Service

The wait staff and owner were completely charming. The owner greeted us at the door and even visited our leisure meal to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.

The Bathroom

Decorated cutely, clean, fresh flowers. A perfect end to our perfect meal.

************

In a spoonful, my brunch was delicious. I had a lovely meal and a lovely time. I'd love to come back here for dinner to enjoy their specialized service and spectacular cuisine. This is the perfect place to celebrate your next special occasion.

Yip gives it 5 spoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home